RE: films for scanning

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 10/26/02-02:22:36 PM Z

Make sure that you have a scanner that will cover that range, I believe
many will, but good to know before you waste hours trying, and do a good
look at your histogram before you hit the scan button. Check you input
and output points to cover a little more than you absolute black and a
touch more than absolute white. Give yourself a chance to use your best
tool to make the adjustments to end points so as not to lose needed
information. If scanning in RGB, even from your B&W negs, you may alter
the USM on the different channels to improve your scans as well.

Silver Fast will give you good control over many functions. They
(Silverfast) also have a program that you can buy that will allow you to
present Photoshop a better file to work on. It is called HD-R or
something like that.

It of course won't let you get details that you lost but can give PS
more to work with.

Practice, Practice, ... with good note taking : )

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226