Re: ortho film and halftone

FotoDave@aol.com
Date: 10/28/02-11:18:17 AM Z

I don't know if I was confusing in the paragraph below. What I want to say is
that one can use a low-contrast developer like LC-1 for the interpositive and
a stronger developer for the final negative. The low density range obtained
in the first stage ensures that the tones are not lost in the 2nd stage.

In other words, if you asked me if one could use ortho film directly in
camera for Pt/Pd prints, my answer would be "I don't know for sure" as I have
never done it myself. If the question is whether you could use ortho film to
prepare interpos and final neg and preserve all the tones for Pt/Pd, the
answer is yes.