Proper use of grammar when naming processes?

From: Christopher Lovenguth (zantzant@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/29/02-04:27:22 PM Z

I’ve never really thought about this before and my own use of grammar is
horrible so I’m getting opinions from all of you. When naming a process that
is named after someone, do you capitalize it? For example, I make black and
white prints (not Black and White prints) so do I also make van dyke prints?
Is it different if I’m talking about the Van Dyke process though? Same with
Daguerreotypes (or is it daguerreotypes?).

Any thoughts out there?