Re: reciprocity failure chart failure

From: Shannon Stoney (sstoney@pdq.net)
Date: 10/31/02-09:21:14 AM Z

>Shannon wrote:
>
>>Sandy wrote:
>>
>>>There is a reciprocity correction chart for Kodak, Agfa, Ilford
>>>and Polaroid B&W films on p. 75 of Simmon's Using the View Camera.
>>>Nothing on Fuji.
>>

>>This chart gives even longer times than the Kodak online chart
>>does. So I assume if I had used it, my negatives would have been
>>even more overexposed! At least, at the higher end of the scale.
>>At the lower end, they're about the same.
>>
>>--shannon
>

>Overexposure takes place in the camera. If your negatives have a
>very high density reading at the lower end of the scale you gave too
>much exposure when exposing. CI or DR is controlled by time of
>development. We normally develop to get the appropriate density
>range for our process, and the low values just have to fall where
>they will.

Whoops, I wasn't clear here. What I meant was, the two charts
(Simmons' and Kodak's) give about the same adjusted times when they
are talking about 2 second or four second meter readings. When you
get up to say thirty seconds, the Simmons chart gives 290 seconds for
the correct exposure, whereas the Kodak chart says 200. That's a big
difference.

--shannon