Re: reciprocity failure chart failure

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 10/30/02-06:32:36 PM Z

Shannon wrote:

>Sandy wrote:
>
>>There is a reciprocity correction chart for Kodak, Agfa, Ilford and
>>Polaroid B&W films on p. 75 of Simmon's Using the View Camera.
>>Nothing on Fuji.
>

>This chart gives even longer times than the Kodak online chart does.
>So I assume if I had used it, my negatives would have been even more
>overexposed! At least, at the higher end of the scale. At the
>lower end, they're about the same.
>
>--shannon

Overexposure takes place in the camera. If your negatives have a very
high density reading at the lower end of the scale you gave too much
exposure when exposing. CI or DR is controlled by time of
development. We normally develop to get the appropriate density range
for our process, and the low values just have to fall where they will.

Sandy