Re: 11x14 Century

From: Leonard Robertson (leonard@harrington-wa.com)
Date: 09/01/02-03:55:39 PM Z

Robert,
    If you decide to go for used 11X14 holders, you may find they vary
somewhat in width. I have three older wooden holders, all slightly different
widths, and all too wide for the ROC camera I have. I plan to modify my
camera back or the holders. If you can't find holders the right size for
your Century, you may have to do this too. The other problem you may run
into is the film plane of film holders may not be exactly the same as the
film plane of your ground glass. I have a 1908 catalog for Century Division
of EKC that refers to the 11X14 as taking plate holders, not film holders.
Again, you may have to modify your camera back to change the plane of the
ground glass.
 I think Lens & Repro in NY recently listed 11X14 holders in an ad. They
will probably know if the holders they have will fit your camera.

Leonard