Re: "CALENDAR ARTIST"

From: david distefano (zfd@lightspeed.net)
Date: 09/01/02-03:57:20 PM Z

AA was one hell of a photographer. He touched the soul of the people in this
country and beyond. I know landscapes are considered passe by the so-called
sophisticated photographers of today, but what these people fail to understand
(just like the people in Washington DC)is that the majority of people will look
at a landscape photograph or a painting from the masters, to what is being
produced by todays artists. AA also did more with his images to help preserve
our last remaining wild places. The last few years it has been considered by
many so-called experts in photography to put down AA's work as nothing more then
pretty pictures that does nothing for mankind. Go out into the street and ask
someone who is not a practicing photographer, just someone who does snapshots,
to name a famous photographer. The vast majority will say AA. The reason is his
work touches them. Don't put the man down learn from him. Envy is such a bad
mind set!