Re: Pt/Pd mottling

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@att.net)
Date: 09/01/02-05:39:37 PM Z

Michele Lyons-Russell wrote:
> Recently, I began to notice a mottling to my Pt/Pd prints after they are
> dry. When the prints are wet the tonality looks very smooth, but become
> very splotchy upon drying.

It could be several things and you have given so very little
information.
If you could send a scan or digital photo of the problem and attach to
an e-mail to me at
jeffrey.d.mathias@att.net (NOT TO THE LIST)
that may help.

It could be the paper
chemistry
coating
processing
clearing

What is mottling or splotchy? - reticulation? color differences? uniform
or singular? in the image? in the paper? on the paper surface? finger
shaped? fuzzy?

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/