Re: PRINTING FRAME

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@att.net)
Date: 09/01/02-05:26:26 PM Z

Aurovici wrote:
> http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/guide/printing_frame.htm
> I am still not clear about the finer details. Does anybody know of a
> site where more detailed information can be found. Or could somebody
> e-mail me some detailed photos of their printing frame so I can study
> its design and copy it at home

Sorry I do not have enough info on the site at this time. I do plan to
include some drawings for the wood parts and such at some time. If you
cannot find an old Century frame, looking carefully at the photo on the
web page you indicated may help as follows:
Note in the corners the box joints. These provide extra strength and
are a common joinery technique.
The back pieces have edge pieces cross grain to the center panels (same
as with wooden camera bottoms and help keep the wood from warping (or a
quality plywood could be used).
There is a rabbit on which the glass fits into the frame just like a
picture frame.
The steel leaves are spring steel so they apply pressure when closed
under the washers.
Note also the tongue and grove where the two back pieces join.
This does not have to be as precision as a camera.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/