Re: "CALENDAR ARTIST"

PhotonTom@aol.com
Date: 09/03/02-09:11:50 AM Z

A.D.Coleman is treated best as you would treat a retailer who has nothing you
wish... simply ignore him and read (buy) from those who offer something more.
 Although not considered by the "art" community as much as a heavyweight, I
find the comments of David Vestal more to the point. And Minor White was,
IMHO, a most splendid photographer and teacher (I am ancient enough to have a
complete, from Vol. I No.1, Aperture set)... Many years ago I saw a group
show of Adams, Weston and White... my reaction was that Adams showed what a
rock was, Weston showed what a rock could look like, and White what a rock
was all about... all fine technicians but different approaches.
Tom Crowe
Thomas Crowe Studios-Photographic Arts
Lost in East Tennessee