RE: silane

From: Keith Gerling (keithgerling@att.net)
Date: 09/03/02-08:54:58 AM Z

It wouldn't work for me, but then I was working from what little information
I could scrounge on the web, and with the advice of some people that,
admittedly, are not experts on using coupling agents. Perhaps you could
point me to some better information?

When I added the opoxysilane to my gum emulsion, the emulsion, A) tended to
bead up on the glass or metal surface and no amount of brushing would smooth
it out (even when I added various surficants), and B) took many hours to
dry.