Re: "CALENDAR ARTIST"

From: Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Date: 09/03/02-09:40:06 AM Z

> > I saw John Szarkowski's "Ansel at 100" MOMA show not too long ago.
> > HE seems
> > to have deliberately avoided making reference to the "Ansel as
> > Calendar
> > Artist", featuring small works, and omitting the BIG Adams "trademark"
> > works. I just thought I would make mention of this.
> >

> You're making me wish I'd seen the show. I love some of Adams' early
> 8x10
> contact prints as published in the portfolios. Never been fond of the
> over-enlarged white mountains and black skies calendar stuff, but I'd
> like
> to see more originals of the original work, especially in the form of
> the
> vintage contact prints.---Carl

It's still on in London, then I think Berlin before returning for another
showing or two in the USA. There is a list of the places and dates if you
look at photography.about.com - I think it may be in the Adams feature
still listed on the front page. If not in the previous one.

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com
My London Diary http://mylondondiary.co.uk/