DAGUERREOTYPES PLATES

From: filmpro (filmpro@mac.com)
Date: 09/06/02-01:08:27 AM Z

HI!

A couple questions about the silver plates.

1) Can a regular sterling silver sheet be used? or does the copper act in
the process?

2) I have some copper plate that is used in circuit boards. I remember
putting a penny in the used fixer and the penny getting plated with
silver. Is there any reason i can't plate my own copper in old fixer,
then polish it?

3) if i do that, after polishing, is there any reason chemically the
silver plate would be different than a commercially plated plate?
thickness? Chemical purity?

4) I intend to try the safer Becquerel Developed process.

Is the a difference in the look of the finished image compared to the
murcury fumed plates?

Thanks

Mac