Re: how did you make your darkroom?

From: Jeff Buck (jeffbuck@swcp.com)
Date: 09/07/02-09:31:06 AM Z

Hi Shannon: 18x20 garage, using the entire space. Insulated the door w/
this styrofoamy stuff. Insulated the ceiling w/ insulation. Had to do a
lot a caulking around the ends of the ceiling beams. Because I'm in New
Mexico, I installed an evaporative cooler in the middle of the ceiling/roof
-- this makes the RH ~60-70. Great air circulation too (I take it out
through a ceiling exhaust fan in one corner). Thinking about steam-type
humidifier for winter. Got a pretty big used SS sink -- just does
accommodate four 16x20 trays. Had faucet installed w/ in-line temp gauge
and basic filter (off ebay for cheap). Friend made a mid-chest level
wooden frame for the sink etc. UV light system (metal halide variety) in
opposite corner, other things here and there. Light proofing eval: Not
perfect, but good enough that I can't see w/ naked eye fogging on the sheet
film edges; still, I develop film after dark whenever I can. Need more
plain table space. -jb