RE: Long post on landscape photography...?

From: Keith Gerling (keithgerling@att.net)
Date: 09/07/02-10:06:33 PM Z

Jack lists several photographers of the landscape:

Landscape photography is not dead at all. Mark Klett, Bob Dawson, Linda
Connor, Robert Adams, Lewis Baltz, Richard Misrach, Thom Joshua Cooper,
Robt. Glenn Ketchum, Galen Rowell, Lois Connor, Lynn Davis, Wanda
Hammerbeck, Hamish Fulton, Joseph Sudek all have done interesting
contemporary work photographing landscape(s)

To which I would add: Emmett Gowin (from an airplane, but still landscape,
right?), Sally Mann's collodion work, Sugimoto's "seascapes", Edward
Burtynsky (I hear groans. Ok, maybe a stretch, but what would you call it:
http://www.charlescowlesgallery.com/artists.html)

Also, looking at the new ArtForum, I see an announcement for a show by the
old "one-eyed cat" himself: Lee Friedlander/Landscape, at Janet Borden in
NYC. The advertisement's accompanying photograph looks particularly
Ansel-esque...