Re: "CALENDAR ARTIST"

From: William Marsh (redcloud54@earthlink.net)
Date: 09/09/02-03:31:26 PM Z

I've been waiting for a chance to throw this in:

Go to any card shop and you will see a panoply of artists on greeting
cards and postcards - from the "greats" to the "unknowns." What does
that do to their status as Artists (note capital "A")? Is it even a
relevant question in this age of ubiquitous media exposure of
*everything*? If everyone is on greeting cards, does it make everyone
mediocre, or no one mediocre, or does it make greeting cards irrelevant?

Bill