(OT)Art/Non Art Schools?

From: Steve Bell (veracity000@earthlink.net)
Date: 09/10/02-06:11:39 AM Z

Hey everyone,

this is pretty off topic, but i thought i could get some good information
from some of you.

Presently i am enrolled in my local community college. i dropped out of
high school when i was 16 and moved out of my parents house and travelled,
so i have to start in community college because i never took the SATs.
officially i am currently undeclared as to what my major is, but to all of
my instructors it is understood that photography is what i'm there for. I
plan on transferring to another school in the Fall of 2003. I've been
reading about a lot of schools, and so far the schools i am most interested
in are the School of Art Institute in Chicago, the Art Institute of Boston,
and Parsons in NYC. i don't know about the latter, as they focus a lot on
drawing portfolio-wise, and i'm awfully bad at drawing (William Henry Fox
Talbot and i share the same affliction).

What i am writing to ask is can anyone give me any advice when it comes to
these matters? can anyone give me any advice as to what schools are best?
art school over university?

any advice in general would be great.

thanks in advance,

Steve

--- Steve Bell
--- Veracity000@earthlink.net
--- http://www.unbeknownst.org/~insurrective /
http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/insurrection
--- In fact, rock, rather than being an example of how freedom can be
achieved within the capitalist structure, is
     an example of how capitalism can, almost without a conscious effort,
deceive those whom it oppresses...So
     effective has the rock industry been in encouraging the spirit of
optimistic youth take-over that rock's truly
     hard political edge, it's constant exploration of the varieties of
youthful frustration, has been ignored
     and softened. --Michael Lydon