RE: Achieving detail with gum

From: Keith Gerling (keithgerling@att.net)
Date: 09/12/02-09:48:27 AM Z

Getting the gum to adhere DOES take some patience, it tends to "bead up". A
couple of coats of polyurethane spray (a la Chris James) a dilute gelatin
"subbing" (a la Philippe Monnoyer - Thanks, Philippe!), and some careful
brushwork. For some reason, though, it seems to be inconsistent from
session to session. Here is Illinois we finally had a break in the humidity
and temperature the other day, and I've been mostly unsuccessful ever since.
This morning I had good luck with an emulsion made with dry pigment, but
encountered a disaster when I tried to use a tube color mix.

Negatives were lith, but diginegs work just as well.

Keith