RE: water affecting development; washing big negatives

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 09/13/02-07:12:12 AM Z

Shannon, You may also be seeing the affect of evaporation of your tray.
Did you take a temperature reading before and after the sheet was placed
in the tray? There can be quite a shift in tray temperature over a 15
to 20 minute development. Type of trays, the construction material used
for sink, air flow in the darkroom, will all have an impact on tray
processing that should not be over looked when you encounter such large
changes in process time. This is also another reason to use distilled
or purified water for mixing developers, a reasonably constant quality
of water.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9