Re: Walnut Stain & selenium???

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 09/13/02-07:59:27 AM Z

AND, as you will notice on this website, it says when you read thru that
black walnut dye does not require a mordant and is lightfast and color fast.
Which, remember, is what I said on list several months ago. I left my
walnut stained print outside in bright montana sun for days, and thru a
snowstorm, and it did not fade. In fact, it actually darkened if anything,
so I wondered if it might be photosensitive, since tannin is. If a
sweatshirt faded in the wash with alkaline detergent, I'm not sure, as Judy
says below, it would really correlate to a print hanging on a wall.
chris