Re: Winogrand/ was news article concerning photographing in public spaces

From: Pam Niedermayer (pam@pinehill.com)
Date: 09/19/02-10:44:07 AM Z

Don't know about Winogrand's mental health, but for a long time I had no
need to do anything with any of the photos I'd take. It was sufficient
to have taken them, which made me slow down and look, often didn't even
get the film developed. So there may also be a compulsion to show
everyone what you've done. To have done it was enough for me at that
time. And, yes, an image in my mind exists, regardless of whether I
manage to produce hard copy.

Pam