Lincoln Kirstein

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@attbi.com)
Date: 09/19/02-11:24:08 PM Z

The best example I can think of about a great edited book of a photographer
who didn't know diddley squat about editing is 'American Photographs' by
Walker Evans. The editor like ballet. The editor was a lot smarter than the
photographer. The editor taught Mr. Evans what he had. This is take zero
credit for the splendid images Mr. Evans had forged.