Re: digital question (flaunt expertise, please...)

FDanB@aol.com
Date: 09/20/02-03:47:58 PM Z

Judy said in her message...

>That is, let's say step 11 and 12 are very close, then
>a BIG step to 13, and an even bigger one to 14 -- ***in the PRINT***.

Hi Judy,

You need to adjust and apply a curve that compensates for those jumps. It
matters not that YOU can't see the jumps in your negative with your eye;
the print shows that IT sees the jumps. The role of the curve is to tame
those jumps so you get evenly spaced steps.

Are you using ANY curve applied to the step tablet? Very few workers have
success without some kind of contrast adjustment curve. I have NEVER made
a neg (and I'm making them today on desktop) without a curve applied.

Hope this helps!

Dan