Re: banding on laser printer negatives

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 09/22/02-12:14:12 AM Z

In my experience, changing the file type won't make any difference in
the banding. I'd suggest first trying a different kind of transparency
(I used to use the high-density transparency material made especially
for laser printers, available from Freesyle) then changing the toner
cartridge, and making sure you buy the freshest possible cartridge (I
used to order mine directly from the factory). If that and a good
cleaning of the transfer wires etc don't help the situation, then you
might have to conclude that the banding is inherent in the printer. Once
my laser printer started printing with banding, nothing made it better.
I even talked the printer manufacturer into swapping out my printer for
a new one, but the new one was bad from the get-go. Luckily about that
time Epson brought out their first photo-quality printer, the Stylus
Photo, I think it was called, and at that point I switched over to
inkjet.
kt