Re: Magnetic influence on film

From: Henry Rattle (henry.rattle@ntlworld.com)
Date: 09/22/02-10:46:47 AM Z

John ­ the effect you see when holding a magnet near a fluorescent tube (or
TV screen, but it might be best not to try it with too strong a magnet) is
due to the magnetic fieldıs effect on the paths of the moving electrons
which are used to generate the light. The light itself isnıt bent. (The
gravitational effect of the Sun on light is tiny.) So your experiment wonıt
show any effect.

Of course you could always go ahead and try it anyway. Scientists donıt know
everything....!

Best wishes

Henry Rattle