Re: mordancage, long

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 09/22/02-06:04:21 PM Z

Nate,
     Interesting, below, because with mordanting, an extensive wash will
remove the mordant. So it may be still a mordanting issue, and therefore
with the stronger formula (yes, Coote's is a total quickie), one may have to
wash extensively, and less so with the less strong less copper formulae...
     From what you say below I think I am going to have to try LPD at a 1:6
dilution...I've been using Dektol or thiocarbamide.
     As far as my simple mixing approach, you're darn tootin'. Plop a
couple tablespoons of this in and then that. None of this gram weight
scale. But, of course, copper chloride is way more instantly soluble than
copper sulfate, and so you can literally mix n' go. That's why I love it
for teaching the process.
Chris
PS wish I could've had a couple of those martinis, too, or at least a Basil
Heyden on the rocks...
PPS OHHHHHH, maybe it is the stop bath as a factor? Hmmm