Re: digital question (flaunt expertise, please...)

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 09/23/02-02:26:44 PM Z

On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 Ender100@aol.com wrote:

> When you say you can get 5 steps now, is that 5 Stouffer steps? heheheh
> Seriously, if so, then that may tell you what your maximum useable density is
> on the digital steptablet, if they are translateable. I am not sure yet they
> are.

Yes, that's on the Stouffer. But I'm aiming for a "curve" with about 8
steps of same size, because I like a negative with some give in it, to
have room for subsequent coats, long soaks, etc. I've managed by
improvising to get a step tablet on the Epson with 8 steps both to the eye
and to the densitometer, tho I realize that's not necessarily going to be
the same by UV light.

If it is, then I gather I "transfer" those numbers to a curve -- tho I
don't like idea of counting on Epson printer dialog which is where it
seems you're supposed to do that. I want a freestanding curve to name,
file & load in Photoshop forevermore -- one less weak link, seems to me.

TBC.

Judy