stripes Re: RE: Genius??

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 09/23/02-02:44:31 PM Z

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Philippe Monnoyer wrote:

> Well I thought it could be due to the tray indeed. I changed the tray for a
> quite bigger one but I still had the stripes. Now I have to admit that my
> trays were all grooved-bottom. Having the same constant stripes with
> significantly different trays would sound weird to me, but ... who knows....
>
> Aah ! Something else. The orientation of the stripes was constant, I think
> it didn't depend on the direction I put it in the tray ...

IME, stripes from trays are quite characteristic and follow pattern &
spacing of the tray. But I had stripes of the type you mention in some
APH lith film from freestyle -- about $100 worth of 16x20....
Unfortunately I didn't notice them until more than a year later -- I
wasn't using the film much and they only appeared in clear areas. Also in
line with the shorter dimension, parallel, even, about 1 cm apart & same
wide.

I contacted Freestyle about it, but needless to say they knew nothing. One
theory someone advanced was something in the Xray given in the mail, but
this was pre-9/11, and not at all like typical x-ray damage, which they
sent me pictures of.

However, I wonder, now that you mention it, if that Arista film (that's
their house name, they change factories) came from the east...

Judy