Re: weird flare on film?

From: William Marsh (redcloud54@earthlink.net)
Date: 09/24/02-12:57:18 PM Z

Hi, Shannon.

That sounds like "crimp" marks in the film, made before processing. If
the film is bent, half-moon-shaped marks of extra density will appear in
the processed emulsion. I've only rarely seen this in sheet film, but
it can happen in 120 film quite easily, since it is much thinner.

Alternatively, it might be a lens flare from sun on the lens, or a
specular flare from something shiny inside the camera, or a pinhole
light leak near the front of the camera.

Hope this helps.

Bill