Re: weird flare on film?

From: Shannon Stoney (sstoney@pdq.net)
Date: 09/24/02-05:02:13 PM Z

>Shannon: Something like this happened to me the first few times I tried to
>load 7x17 holders. I think that, because of the long/skinny,
>vertically-loading character of 7x17-inch film, there is a proneness to
>the problem with that format. I've learned to avoid it by holding the open
>holder almost completely vertical when loading. Once I get the bottom of the
>sheet started in the grooves, I can usually just let go and, you know,
>shooooooook, down it goes. -JB

That sounds ideal. Usually I load in a film changing bag so I don't
know if that would work. Maybe if I plan ahead I could load in my
film processing place at night. Maybe the cramped quarters of the
film changing bag is part of the problem. It never was with 4x5 but
of course you need more elbow room with 8x10.

--shannon