RE: Was someone asking about printing daguerreotypes from film?

From: Christopher Lovenguth (chrisml@pacbell.net)
Date: 09/25/02-08:34:22 AM Z

Honestly, I'm still having exposure problems in camera. Plus I'm taking my
images in studio with studio lights at a minimum of f22 and that includes a
bellows extension of about 2 stops with 100 speed film. That would be
impossible with the Becquerel process since it's ASA is about 1 (if that). I
really want to not be doing it this way because I do have a few images
directly from camera and they have a different quality that I appreciate
more, but I'm trying to get a portfolio together for applying to schools and
time constraints will not allow me anymore freedom to perfect the in camera
image right now. Also this way I have a consistency once I get my plate
exposure time down. Plus it's nice being able to use really high F-stops
since I am so close to my subjects (which are small doll parts for this
project) and the work I'm doing right now I need to be controlling the
lights and spending a bit of time messing with the subject. Sunlight changes
so often that I would be constantly changing the position of subject. Also
it's nice to be able to work at night since I work all day. -Chris