RE: Was someone asking about printing daguerreotypes from film?

From: Christopher Lovenguth (chrisml@pacbell.net)
Date: 09/25/02-09:02:31 AM Z

Thanks for the idea, I might try that. The major problem is that dags are UV
sensitive only. So it's not just about the ISO, it is also about getting the
UV at about f45. For example the successful plates that I have done in
camera with the Becquerel process have been f5.6 in full noon bay area
sunlight for 15 - 30 minutes. Now increase that to f45. Don't think it's
possible in studio even with large amounts of time and photofloods.