Re: demise of tri-x 8x10?

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 09/26/02-04:11:18 PM Z

Chunin,

It's true that there are two very different films called Tri-X. Both are
highly useful. The TX version is high fog and early shoulder, excellent for
silver printing. The TXT version is low fog and almost no shoulder,
excellent for negatives to print in processes like Pt/Pd. I haven't used a
lot of Plus-X, but would call it about halfway between the two Tri-X's in
character. Oddly enough, if you like 35mm Tri-X, the sheet film that comes
closest to its behavior is probably Ilford HP5 Plus.

---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at: