Re: demise of tri-x 8x10?

From: Shannon Stoney (sstoney@pdq.net)
Date: 09/26/02-09:40:27 PM Z

Richard wrote:

> Kodak has moved B&W film production to a new plant. They
>discontinued some films and are calling the remaining ones
>by slightly different names. There are some changes in the
>emulsions, probably slight.
> Tri-X Roll film and Tri-X sheet film are being continued.
> Plus-X Roll film is continued, Plus-X sheet film is being
>discontinued. Further info is on the Kodak web site.
> There are new data sheets for the films being continued
>with slightly modified developing recommendations.

I looked at the data sheet for Tri-X just now. It is dated september
18, 2002. I wonder if this data is for the old emulsion, or the new
emulsion? Also, how do you know if the box of film you have is the
old Tri X or the new Tri X? Maybe the emulsions will be similar
enough that it won't matter. I hope so.

--shannon