Re: demise of tri-x 8x10?

From: David Eastman (clearemulsions@yahoo.com)
Date: 09/27/02-03:04:58 AM Z

Hi Shannon,

Well, I am not up on the latest but a few months ago I
was in Tokyo looking for T-Max 400... I found
information that some of Kodak's films were
changing... the boxes had changed and the developing
time "suggestions" were, for some EI's and some films,
diferent.

Naturally,

There was no detailed explanation of why such changes
were occuring...(none art all, infact.) I can't
imagine why this info was hear and not elsewhere, I
expected to hear something about it on this list but
didn't... Perhaps we are talking about the same
changes... if anyone knows of why the changes are
being made, I would love to hear about it!

About the data sheet, they often carry a date of
several years earlier along with a revsion date
(REV.)If yours is dated Sept. 18 2002, it probably
reflects some recent change. Was the package green?
The new films I saw in Japan were in (ugly) 1/2 green
boxes... This could have been world wide, or just to
confuse the Japanese as Fuji boxes are green. You
never know what these guys are up to!

Naturally!!!

Ray