storing prints?

From: Malnificent (acolyta@napc.com)
Date: 09/28/02-09:40:56 AM Z

Hello list,

I am about to undertake a huge change in living accomodations. Even
though I am moving where there is more space, there still does not seem
to be enough to properly store my prints, mostly 16 x 20 and 20 x 24
silver gelatin prints, and a few 20 x 24 Polaroids. (My alt prints are
small enough to not be a problem.) The options seem to be either the
attic or the basement. Unfortunately I do not own a flat file cabinet.
 Most of my prints have been living under my bed in old photo paper
boxes, but a few are matted and mounted so would not fit. I was
wondering if you all had any suggestions, do's, don't's, etc.

Thanks,
Christine