Reinforcing track on Korona cameras

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 09/29/02-03:46:23 PM Z

Several years ago I acquired a Korona 7X17 camera, made by the
Seebold Invisible Camera Company (which has to be one of the greatest
names in the history of camera making), in almost mint condition. I
think it might have never been used as it did not have a scratch on
it and the bellows looked great, but since they had never been used
they developed numerous pinholes when opened. Since I already had at
the time another Korona 7X17 in outstanding condition I had no need
for the new beauty, and in fact hated the thought of using it since I
was afraid of scratching it up. But of course since it was so perfect
I did not want to sell it to just anyone either. Fortunately someone
I knew would take good care of the beauty appeared and now the camera
is his story.

That introduction brings me to the point of the present message. One
of the features of the Seebold 7X17 Korona was metal channel
reinforcement, via a piece of metal channel, of the groves in which
the focusing track moves. This feature added tremendous rigidity to
the camera when compared to most other Korona camera which have just
a wooden recess.

So, I am thinking that I would now like to add this feature to the
two Korona banquet cameras I currently own. I think it would be a
fairly simple operation in that all I would need to do would be rout
out a groove in the track large enough to accept a small piece of
metal channel. The slot would need to be about 1-1.5mm to allow easy
movement of the focusing track. But where to find such a small piece
of channel? Any possible sources for this type of material would be
appreciated.

Sandy King