Re: Galleries/public and the small print.

From: Dave Rose (cactuscowboy@attbi.com)
Date: 04/01/03-07:56:17 PM Z

Greetings from Big Wonderful Wyoming,

IMO, bigger is usually better. Most of my alt-photo prints are made from
11x14" and 16x20" enlarged negatives, or 11x14" and 12x20" pinhole camera
negatives. Here's a photo of my 12x20" camera:
http://www.pinhole.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=348&sid=7432dc15ec9281b8f22c72e
0ee9e25ad
Yes, I'm quite proud of it, I spent half a weekend building it. My
inspiration was the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz movie. This is the camera
that guy would shoot with!

Now that I'm getting older (age 46), small prints and most printed matter
can be difficult to look at without reading glasses. So I like big prints.
I'm not especially impressed with small prints in oversize mats and frames.
It draws too much attention away from the picture. In a similar fashion, I
don't care for prints displaying brushed edges, torn ragged paper, etc.....
It just seems too distracting. If the image can't stand on its own, then
something is wrong. Just my personal opinion.

Best regards,
Dave Rose
Powell, Wyoming