Re: brownprint question

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@mindspring.com)
Date: 04/04/03-01:52:58 PM Z

Chris,

IMO, no. I beleive brownprint traditionally denotes a silver/ferric based process which is older than platinum. Ed Buffaloe, I think, tried to trace the root source and date of use of the phrase brownprint, but was not able to conclusively determine when the phrase came into use or exactly what processes were included in this category.

I think Sandy King posted a similar question here a while back as well. Try searching the archive for 'brownprint' or 'brown print'.

Don Bryant