Re: Thomas Duplex Sodium Vapor Safelight

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@attbi.com)
Date: 04/05/03-09:57:17 PM Z

on 4/5/03 7:43 PM, Don Bryant at dsbryant@mindspring.com wrote:

> Dear Group,
> Is anyone using the Thomas Duplex safelight for Alternative processes?
> I have a small darkroom, 7.5x11 feet, and I've gotten mixed information
> about whether it is safe to use in this size room.
> I would like to put mine to use.
> Any comments.
> Thanks in advance,
> Don Bryant

Certainly the wise thing to do is test.
Keep the doors wide open. Point it toward the ceiling or back wall for
reflection. Place whatever material you'll be working w/near where you will
actually process. Place a coin on the material. Allow 5 minutes. Process.
  If you see any evidence of the coin you're fogging comes fr the safe
light.
Close the doors 1/2-way and try again.
Jack