Re: dilute dichromate( was successful gum print)

From: Jack Brubaker (jack@jackbrubaker.com)
Date: 04/08/03-11:09:43 AM Z

Chris,
 I use the diluted dichromate (half part saturated sol. AD, half part water)
mixed equal with gum to print high contrast layers to build contrast in dark
areas of image. With an exposure close to the exposure you would use for the
standard gum-sensitiser mix the reduced sensitivity and higher contrast will
produce a crisp "lith" like image of the darkest tones. It is fragile (less
hardened) so can be selectively brushed to only leave the effect in the
desired areas. The soft gum developes quickly and never leaves a pigment
stain. I think that is because I only use this method after building several
other layers so the hardened gum of previous layers has built up on most of
the paper. But perhaps the high contrast emultion is so soft in the clear
areas that it simply washs off easily.

Jack