Re: Successful Gum Print

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 04/06/03-10:26:13 PM Z

Ed Buffaloe said>
> I'm wondering if it would help to reduce the amount of dichromate solution
> in the mix? I started with 50/50 gum-pigment and dichromate, then went to
> 60/40. Maybe I should try 70/30 to reduce stain further?

     I'd love to know what others do. I have never actually used less than
1:1 gum pigment to am di, altho I have read to use as much as 1 gum/pigment:
1 gum: 1 dichromate for shadows. I have used more am di, not less. I assume
your contrast would increase with less dichromate.
     Today I coated a BW print with gum and exposed. I tried it on both
glossy (don't) and matte (yes) and it works. Interesting effect.
Chris