Re: Paper for Gum Printing

From: Kerik (Kerik@kerik.com)
Date: 04/09/03-11:59:20 AM Z

Bill,

I've used Rives BFK 280 gsm successfully for gum over platinum.

I think the Cranes would be a very poor choice for gum. I can't imagine it
holding up to the repeated wet and dry cycles of the gum process. I am not
a fan of Cranes 90 lb for any processes. I use it for interleaving...

Other papers that I have had very good luck with for gum and gum over
platinum are Fabriano Uno Hot Press and Whatman's Watercolor paper
(although the latter is difficult to find now).

Kerik
www.Kerik.colm