Re: UV Enlarger

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 04/09/03-11:53:43 PM Z

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Halvor wrote:

> I have been digging around in the archives a bit and have seen that this
> subject, an UV enlarger for alt print. have been discussed several times, I
> just wondered was there ever a conclusion to this ?
>
> did some test on this myself about ten years ago, with a 125 watt mercury
> bulb in an enlarger, it sort of worked, but... apart from the 10 hour
> exsposure time in gum..
>
> I saw one message (probably about 2yrs old in the archive) that someone
> claimed that they had workeed out drawings for this but it was to expensive
> too build, (I might have sponsors if the plans are good) canīt find that
> message again though.

Several folks have set up UV enlargers of one sort or another -- Art
Chakalis for one. As I recall, his time was 10 minutes for an 8x10. Which
would probably mean about 20 min to half an hour for an 11 by 14. In that
half hour you could make the enlarged negative. And then ANOTHER half
hour for each coat, of course... (And how long for 16 by 20? )

Judy