Re: UV Enlarger

From: Ed Buffaloe (EdBuffaloe@UnblinkingEye.Com)
Date: 04/10/03-03:46:34 AM Z

Here is a quote from another forum: "I did speak with the people at Durst
Pro yesterday and they are bringing to market in March a 5X7 enlarger that
will be capable of enlarging both pt-pd and azo. The light source is
primarily UV and is only suitable for the emulsions that I have listed. The
cost of the enlarger will be $5,500. I was just thinking that if the
technology is there that a light source for my existing enlarging systems
would be something to look into. Durst already has and markets their 8X10
enlarger with a 5000 watt light source for enlarging conventional paper and
azo. This enlarger goes out the door at $12,000 and the light source alone
is $5,500. This enlarger is not suitable for pt-pd, however, since it has a
different lamp in it."