Re: hp and pot di with pt/pd

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 04/10/03-04:58:23 AM Z

Manuel,

It works quite well. Very dilute potassium chlorate or ammonium dichromate
used as an additive can be preferable to an apporach with A and B ferric
bottles. In fact this is recommended in "The New Platinum Print" on page 57.
One drop of 1% makes a significant contrast boost in an 8x10. I prefer to
make negatives that need no contrasting agent at all, but when necessary I
do it this way. The "B" bottle of ferric would go bad before I'd used three
drops.

---Carl

--
            Web site with picture galleries