Re: hp and pot di with pt/pd

From: Manuel Gomes Teixeira (punctumgt@netvisao.pt)
Date: 04/09/03-05:40:20 PM Z

Kerik,

Tomorrow I'm going to order Na2 for the first time from B&S.
It will be interesting and useful for all of us to hear some more details
of your and others experiences with this method of contrast control in
Pt/Pd printing.
I suppose that you use NA2 in substitution of K2PtCl4 when printing with
the classic Pt/Pd approach. Is that so ? Or is there any other more
complex procedures advised ?

Until now I've had better results with H2O2 added to the sensitiser
solution than with Potassium Chlorate.

My last question for today:

Why in all Pt/Pd literature is never advised to use Potassium Chlorate
solution added to the sensitiser as H2O2 and instead is added previously to
the Ferric Oxalate solution ? Is there any chemical explanation for that ?

Thanks for your time ! :-)

Kindest regards from Portugal

Manuel Gomes Teixeira
Punctum Studios