Gold Chloride Acidity

rurmonas@senet.com.au
Date: 04/11/03-03:09:05 AM Z

I was looking through some of my old books last night and found a reference
saying that the commonly available form of Gold Chloride was Gold Sodium Chloride.
The Gold chloride available these days is the acid form. It was also mentioned
that a strongly acidic toner formula will not tone as well due to the gold
being in a different ionic state. So do I need to convert the acidic Gold
Chloride to a salt form before use, or is a 1% dilution enough to stop the acidity
affecting the toner?

Thank you,

Richard

---