Re: Digital Negatives for Palladium Printing

From: Christina Z. Anderson (zphoto@montana.net)
Date: 04/11/03-07:33:17 AM Z

George,
     This is the info I have collected about Light Jet, which use this
duratrans. Someone may chime in with more current info, or info more local
to where you are, but it seems duratrans is just fine for what you are
doing.
   "You can send your digital file to a company that possesses one of these
machines. Some say to have your final output at a resolution of exactly 406
dpi. (Res 16), others say 600 dpi. Check with the service bureau first
before you make your scans. Then, if you want to have a 16x20 neg, you can
see that at 600dpi you have over a 100 meg file so you will need to burn
this onto a CD. Save it as a TIF file.
     RCS (River City Silver) in San Antonio ww.rivercitysilver.com/ is one
company you can try. Click on Output Services for Light jet pricing. Or
call (210) 734-3788.
     A&E Products (www.aeproducts.com) 713-621-0022. lists Lighjet as
"PhotoMax" prints, and they use a Lighjet 5500. It costs about $17.50 a sq.
ft. on clear film, $13.50 if you get 2-5 sq. ft.
     NPI (www.npidigital.com) 713-988-9200 sells Lightjet/Lambda as
"Duratrans"."