Re: Digital Negatives for Palladium Printing

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@att.net)
Date: 04/11/03-02:30:52 PM Z

George Hatchell wroye:
>I would like to make large negatives from digital files and was wondering
> if anyone had ever tried to use duratrans?

I believe the material you want is Kodak Duraclear. I have tried this
and it can work well for making enlarged negatives. However it should
be processed by machine as tray processing does not give good results.

The Duratrans material has a translucent substrate. This is what is
typically used in advertising signs such as those at fast food
restaurants and such and is not that great for use as a negative. The
Duraclear has a clear substrate and works well.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/